Friday, December 11, 2009

Deer Hunting

This years bowhunting experience was quite an adventure. I wasn't even going to go hunting because of a recent neck and shoulder surgery. I couldn't even pull my bow back at the lowest setting. So after thinking about not being out in the fall woods hunting deer, I talked to a few friends and decided to get a crossbow permit. After purchasing a crossbow permit I started searching for crossbow. I found a Barnett Predator with 24 bolts, quiver, scope and a sling at a very good price. When I received my crossbow I took a few practice shots in the back yard. WOW!!! That is no toy to be reckoned with. My block target that stops my arrows from my bow is nothing for this crossbow. The bolts from the crossbow go clear through this target like butter. Needless to say it would be plenty powerful enough to knock down the toughest whitetail deer. So here is the first video my son and I made of a whitetail deer hunt.

1 comment: